Does Simba Have Goals Or Targets To Become More Sustainable?
We certainly do, and the work has already begun to meet our ultimate target, aiming for Net Zero by 2030. To quote our CEO, Steve Reid, "we’re on our way and headed in the right direction. We’re determined to get there as quickly as we can"
We are delighted to be the UK's first B Corp™ sleep brand. Only businesses that promote social and environmental change in how they work are accredited as B Corp™ More information can be found on the Sustainability section of our site.
Our plan centres around 3 key areas, Health, Planet and People and we are proud of the achievements made so far in each area. Some of our achievements in 2021 are:
- 100% traceability and auditing of our most immediate, Tier 1 supply chain
- Zero waste to landfill achieved at our Tier 1 manufacturing facilities
- In 2021, over 6,472 mattresses have been recycled instead of going to landfill saving 310 tonnes of CO2e and 16,660 mattresses have been refurbed to sell on the secondary marketing saving 790 tonnes CO2e then being sent to landfill
- The launch of our partnership with End Youth Homelessness
- Local mattress manufacture for each region
As we focus on the next 5 years, we are working hard towards:
- Zero waste to landfill from all operations in 2023
- Zero waste to landfill from our products’ manufacturing process in 2023
- Support to all customers with product end-of-life recycling by 2023
- To create more new partnerships with charities concerned with sleep and bed poverty.
- Achieve Net Zero carbon emissions by 2030
These are just some of what we have achieved so far and our future goals. We have made available on our website our Impact Report 2021/2022 which details further our plan around Health, Planet and People. You can download a copy of the report here